headspace is committed to improving the lives of young Australians. We provide a range of mental health interventions and other support services for young people aged 12-25.
About this role
As a Youth Access Practitioner you’ll create a safe and welcoming environment for young people. You will provide assessment, counselling, therapeutic group work and referral services. As part of our multidisciplinary team, you will work collaboratively to ensure client treatment and care plans are effective and appropriate. You will engage a number of different clients and support young people and their families to achieve positive health outcomes.
Terms: Maximum term (12 months) part time (3 days per week) position available in Liverpool
Some of the benefits we offer
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- Our team is passionate, committed to high quality work & very welcoming
- Self-care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
What you need to succeed?
You will have a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Mental Health, Youth Work, Psychology or related discipline and:
- Solid understanding of Youth Mental Health issues such as Anxiety and Depression, Substance Abuse, Early Psychosis, Self harm and Family Based Interventions
- Experience conducting assessments and providing psychological interventions, counselling or group work
- Great people skills and the ability to create strong working relationships with people from all walks of life
- A natural team player with the ability to balance competing priorities and work independently
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Claire Affleck-Warn on 02 8785 3200 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 1 July 2018.
We are committed to improving employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, Older Australian's and people of all abilities. For application support only please contact email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).