- Full time permanent position based in Milton, Brisbane
- Generous benefits: ADO's, the tools & support to work flexibility, purchased leave, lease vehicles etc
- Be part of a dynamic Leadership Team working across multiple program areas.
Be there, when that moment comes
Everyone’s situation is unique. So, when we’re called upon to help, our individual approach is what has set The Benevolent Society apart since 1813.
Your new role:
As a Team Leader, you will ensure client services are delivered in an effective, culturally appropriate and sustainable way which maximises outcomes for clients.
Leading a dedicated team of Practitioners, Case Managers and Counsellors, you will provide clear, fair and focused leadership, professional supervision, practice support and learning opportunities. You will work collaboratively with community partners and other stakeholders to facilitate referrals and improve outcomes for each client.
Be part of a dynamic and innovative Leadership Team working across multiple program areas.
The services you will lead:
- Post Adoption team who provide support to all parties affected by adoption including information and referral; counselling; intermediary services and group work activities.
- Child and Family Wellbeing team support children, young people and parents who are struggling emotionally. We helps improve how kids feel about themselves, how they cope with difficult situations, enabling them to better participate in their community and reach their full potential.
- Saver Plus financial inclusion support and training.
Some of our benefits:
- Mobile, tablet & the support to work flexibility
- Monthly accrued day off & ability to purchase additional eave
- $15,900 tax free salary packaging available
- Above award rates - covered by our Enterprise Agreement
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
You will have solid experience leading a team in the Community Services sector in Family Support, Mental Health, Counselling, Case Management or Adoptions and:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work or Psychology or related discipline
- People leadership experience with the ability to build and develop an engaged, high performing team
- Good management skills including troubleshooting, managing multiple deadlines and conflict resolution
- Strong understanding of trauma, loss and grief, mental health, child development and family functioning, adoption legislation and the impact of past practices
- A commitment to adopting outcomes focused, therapeutic models and supporting your team to work within it
Apply below to join our team and be there when that moment comes.
Call Kylie on 0417 341 371 for a confidential discussion. Closing date 5th November 2017