Our Brighter Futures program strengthen families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect, and enjoy the best possible start to life. We deliver voluntary services to families at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system.
Your new role
This leadership role sits in the Brighter Futures program based at Liverpool. Your aim is to ensure your team are positioned to provide exceptional services to children and families so they can feel safe and secure. Use your skills to grow and develop staff in delivery of Brighter Futures services for at risk children and families.
You will provide clear focused leadership, professional supervision and being available to your team. You can leverage our Practice Support team to ensure your team have the practice capability and cultural awareness to effectively support children and amilies applying the Benevlent Society’s unique Resilient Practice framework. You will partner with FaCS and community organisations to facilitate referrals and improve outcomes for each family.
As part of our Area Management Team, you will have the full support of our Program Manager, three other team leaders, a buddy from our peer network and a highly experienced Practice Support Manager aligned to the program.
Terms: Permanent Full time position based at Liverpool
Why this opportunity is right for you?
- You’re passionate about developing services, and the people in them, to optimise outcomes for clients
- Packaged vehicle
- Salary packaging and discount program
- You’re looking for a career development opportunity
- Fully mobile workforce; tools & support to work remotely or from our new hubs
- Monthly accrued day off & the chance to purchase additional leave
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker or family services professional Coordinator or Team Leader you will have
- Track record delivering child protection, family services , out of home care services or other related programs to improve client services and outcomes for children and their families.
- People leadership experience with the ability to build and develop an engaged, high performing team
- Good management skills including troubleshooting, managing multiple deadlines and conflict resolution
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, decision making and manage balancing priorities
- Working in a collaborative, cross functional way with teams, peers and stakeholders to achieve outcomes
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Jennifer Evans on 0409 907 744 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 19 August 2018