Be there, when that moment comes
Everyone’s situation is unique. So, when we’re called upon to help, our individual approach is what has set The Benevolent Society apart since 1813.
The Fostering Young Lives (FYL) team provides children in out of home care with the opportunity to thrive. We support them, their carers and their birth parents to create a safe and secure environment so these children have a safe place to land.
Terms: Permanent full time role based in Hurstville
Your new role:
As our Support Worker, you will support the Case Managers by contributing to the development of case plans and support children to achieve outcomes in their case plan. You will have the opportunity to gain experience in working with children, families, out of home care and some child protection. You will arrange, supervise and record contact between children and young people and their birth families while providing other practical support like transporting children and young people and their carers to appointments.
Some of the benefits we offer
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best live moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed:
- Cert III or IV in a welfare related field or completing your Degree in Social Work or Psychology
- Knowledge of and at least 12 months experience working with children and families with complex needs
- A good understanding of child protection and child development
- Highly trustworthy with excellent interpersonal skills
- Great communication and documentation – the evidence trail is important
- Current drivers license (pool cars are available so you don’t need to use your own vehicle)
Apply below today to start your next chapter!!
Call Lauren Atkinson on 02 9504 6694 for a confidential discussion. Closing date 16 September 2018
We are committed to improving employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, Older Australian's and people of all abilities. For application support only please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).