- Full time contract to June 2018 based in Hurstville
- Mobile workplace, ongoing development & generous benefits
- Foster participants sense of hope, dignity and resilience through all stages of recovery
Be there, when that moment comes
Everyone’s situation is unique. So, when we’re called upon to help, our individual approach is what has set The Benevolent Society apart since 1813.
Our Partners in Recovery program supports people with severe and persistent mental illness with complex needs and their carers and families on the journey of recovery.
About the role
As a Support Facilitator, you will provide participant focused support for Aboriginal people experiencing mental health issues to foster their capacity for resilience during all stages of recovery.
In this time of change you will work with participants, their carers, families, friends and community supports to build stability and connection and support consumers make sense of the NDIS world.
- Family friendly workplace including flexible hours
- Generous leave options
- Pool cars and novated lease vehicles available
- $15,900 tax free salary options
- Covered by our Enterprise Agreement
This is an identified position. The Benevolent Society considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement under s14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act NSW 1977.
What you need to succeed?
You will have a relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health or related and:
- A participant-centred, recovery-oriented approach and understanding of the mental health service systems
- Experience supporting people who have severe and persistent mental health issues ideally as a Support Facilitator
- Strong practice of self care and maintaining professional boundaries
- Understanding of child and family sensitive practice, including child protection legislation and mandatory reporting
Apply ASAP below to join our team and be there when that moment comes.
Call Daniel on 0437 772 328 for a confidential discussion.