We support people with disabilities of all ages to meet their goals, empowering them to live their best life.
About your new role
You will support children and adults with communication or mealtime difficulties. Your role is responsible for clinical assessment, analysis and intervention, planning and implementing evidence-based practice, and monitoring client outcomes. We provide services in line with NDIS funding.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team based in Wagga Wagga including Case Managers, Behaviour Support Specialists, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists and Physiotherapists. Our local team deliver services across Wagga and surrounding areas and we use technology to connect our Speech Pathology team across NSW.
This permanent opportunity could suit an experienced Speech Pathologist or a recent graduate. We will provide you with practice support and supervision suitable to your experience and skills.
New Graduates and experienced speech pathologists are encouraged to apply.
Terms: Permanent full time position based in Wagga Wagga
Why work with The Benevolent Society?
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation, mobile tools & clinical supervision
- We are an organisation that strives for practice excellence and values learning
- You will work in a supportive team environment, working alongside other professionals
- We use technology to connect our Disability teams across geographies
- We celebrate the best life moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- You will have access to salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program is available
What you need to succeed?
You will be a member of Speech Pathology Australia and have:
- Experience providing communication and swallowing support
- Experience in disability will be an advantage, but not essential
- Ability to appropriately respond to the needs of people of all abilities and cultural backgrounds
- Work within a client centric approach while maintaining a positive mindset
- Ability to work as part of a small team and connect to peers using technology
- Current driver's licence and willingness to travel to clients
Interested? Apply below today!
Contact Genief on 0401 673 539 or Genief.Cornish@benevolent.org.au to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 27 September 2018.