Change a child’s life, forever!
The Cairns Early Years Centre provides universal and targeted services to families, using a family-centred and strengths-based approach. The speech pathologist will work collaboratively with families, the CEYC team and services to facilitate children's’ speech and language development and to address eating issues. An emphasis on capacity-building and coaching is integral to this position.
In this newly funded role you will work with children (0-8 years) in an early years setting to address their communication and learning needs. You will educate and empower parents / caregivers to see the child progress over time, sharing each victory along the way.
You will have the opportunity to shape this role as part of the implementation of Early Years Development Program to ensure its effectiveness.
Our Early Years Centre is a community hub offering health services, family support services, holistic early childhood education (including an Approved Kindergarten and Long Day Care) to empower children and families. We empower families to select how and where they engage with us, making services meaningful for them.
Terms: Permanent part time position available at Cairns
Why work with The Benevolent Society?
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We use technology to connect our Speech Pathology team across geographies
- We celebrate the best life moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
What you need to succeed?
You will be a member of Speech Pathology Australia and have:
- Experience providing communication and feeding support to children
- Ability to appropriately respond to the needs of people of all abilities and cultural backgrounds
- Work within a client centric approach while maintaining a positive mindset
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and connect to peers using technology
- Current drivers licence and ability to travel to clients
Interested? Apply below today!
Call Sharon Large on 07 4034 6800 for a confidential discussion. Closing date 24 June 2018