Our Centre for Women’s, Children’s and Family Health in Campbelltown supports women, children and adolescent and families particularly those affected by domestic violence, attachment and trauma, to make positive, safe and informed choices. We use a trauma informed, strengths based approach and an integrated, wrap around service model.
Your new role:
Enjoy best of both worlds balancing practice and people leadership. As the Senior Practitioner, you will
- Partner with women and their children who have complex needs to build their resilience, reduce the risk of harm and increase the safety of women
- Coach, advise and provide on the job support to improve the practice within the team and increase the outcomes for women
- Work closely with the Team Leader and Management to evaluate and address learning needs
Terms: Maximum term 6 months part time (4 days a week) at Campbelltown, Centre for Women’s Health
Some of the benefits we offer
- Dedicated team committed to increasing outcomes for women and their community
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best live moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- Novated leases & pool cars available
The Benevolent Society considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s. 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
What you need to succeed?
You will have a degree qualification in Social Work, Psychology or related discipline and:
- Solid experience working with women, children and young people in domestic violence
- Strong understanding of childhood development, attachment, trauma and the impacts of domestic and family violence.
- Experience working collaboratively with other services/teams to achieve the best outcomes for clients
- Ability to mentor and support colleagues with assessment skills and therapeutic interventions
- A commitment to own learning and development with a view to sharing learning’s with the team
- Ability to prioritise competing demands and effectively manage interruptions
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Michelle Thiele on 02 4633 3777 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 26 August 2018