Join our team to influence Youth Mental Health and Wellbeing in our communities. Our newly funded service is a community outreach program to support young people to overcome mental health challenges and isolation.
We will support young people to build their social and emotional wellbeing, to recognise and manage their mental health through a stepped care model of therapeutic services, group work and case management. Working collaboratively within our local community, we will reduce barriers for young people to engage with services and reduce the impact of mental health challenges.
Our team will provide services within 9 locations in Western NSW as on an outreach, remote and in-office basis.
As we build our service, we are actively recruiting passionate professionals for the following positions:
- Mental Health Workers
- Child and Family Practitioner's
Aboriginal identified positions are available.
Positions are initially a short term contract until 30th June 2019, with the possibility of extension.
What you need to succeed?
You will have experience supporting young people experiencing mental health challenges and:
- Holistic, client centred approach with a calm reassuring manner
- A natural team player with the capacity to work independently
- Ability to navigate ambiguity as we establish our service
- Experience mentoring, supporting or working with youth
- Experience conducting assessments, providing case management, psychological interventions, counselling or group work beneficial for certain roles
- Preference is given to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and members of our local community
- Some roles will have minimum qualification requirements.
What we offer
Employment conditions are flexible for the right candidates, including flexible office location and work hours.
These roles are paid according to our Enterprise Agreement (on our careers page). Our benefits include
- Salary packaging,
- Discounts on everyday purchases,
- Flexible work arrangements,
- Novated leases,
- Accrued days off,
- Purchasing additional leave,
- Long service leave after 5 years & more!
Previous Applicants will not be considered.
Apply now using the link below to identify your preference on positions. Contact Kylie Manners on 0401 673 747 for more information
Closing date: 1 October 2018
Talent pools maybe built from this recruitment.
This service is funded by the Western NSW Primary Health Network
Please see info pack below for more information