We support people of all ages with a disability to meet their goals, empowering them to live their best life.
About your new role
You will support children and adults to participate fully in life by enhancing independent living skills, their capacity and ability to participate in the community. We provide services in line with individual NDIS plans and your role is responsible for assessment, planning, facilitating, monitoring and review of client outcomes. You will undertake assessment of people's homes to assist in making minor modifications, living skills assessments, wheelchair and seating.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team based in Nowra including Case Managers, a Physiotherapist, Behaviour Support Specialist, Dietitian and Therapy Assistant, and have access and support from multidisciplinary teams in Wollongong. The Nowra team has close working relationships with other local NGO service providers, Health, Education, Aboriginal, Community and Mental Health services.
This 12 month opportunity could suit an experienced OT or a recent graduate; we will provide you with practice support and supervision suitable to your experience and skills.
Terms: 12-month part-time (21 hours per week) position based in Nowra
Why work with The Benevolent Society?
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation, mobile tools & clinical supervision
- We use technology to connect our Disabilities team across geographies
- We celebrate the best live moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
What you need to succeed?
You will be a qualified Occupational Therapist (OT) and have:
- Experience supporting children and adults with fine and gross motor skills
- Ability to appropriately respond to the needs of people of all abilities and cultural backgrounds
- Work within a client centric approach while maintaining a positive mindset
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and connect to peers using technology
- Current NSW drivers licence and willingness/ability to travel to clients
Interested? Apply below today!
Call Doug on 0411 259 929 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 29 June 2018.