- Casual position located in Liverpool
- Be there on the journey to recovery, one step at a time
Everyone’s situation is unique. So, when we’re called upon to help, our individual approach is what has set The Benevolent Society apart since 1813.
Our Mental Health program provides recovery and participant focused response for people experiencing mental health issues and fosters their capacity for resilience during all stages of recovery.
Your new role:
As our Mental Health Support Worker, you will use a strengths-based recovery approach to deliver recovery plans aimed at achieving positive outcomes for people experiencing severe mental illness. You will provide direct one-on-one support to participants to help them achieve their NDIS goals so they live a meaningful and satisfying life.
Your new team:
Working in a passionate and highly experienced team, you will enjoy on the job training from a supportive Manager and a buddy who will help you find your feet.
Some of our benefits:
- Above award rates - covered by our Enterprise Agreement
- Mobile, tablet & the support to work flexibly
- On the job training
What you need to succeed?
You will be an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Mental Health Worker or related profession and have:
- A participant-centred, recovery-oriented approach and understanding of the mental health service systems
- Experience supporting people who have mental illness within a personal recovery context
- Strong practice of self care and maintaining professional boundaries
- Understanding of child and family sensitive practice, including child protection legislation and mandatory reporting
- Certificate III or above qualification in psychology or mental health
- An unrestricted drivers license is essential
Apply below today and be there when that moment comes
Call Michael Mills on 0438 678 031 for a confidential discussion. Closing date 16 October 2017