The Benevolent Society provides a range of community based support services for children, families, people with a disability and Older Australians.
About the role:
As our Junior Payroll Officer, you will be part of the small but important team who ensures our 1600 employees are paid accurately and on time. You will provide a high level of customer service to all employees and have the opportunity to learn and use the payroll system CHRIS21.
We will provide you training and support as you learn to respond to and resolve enquiries on payments, superannuation, leave issues and related payroll matters to meet client satisfaction. You will be supported and mentored by experienced senior payroll professionals.
We are in an exciting phase of growth and in the process of streamlining and improving all our payroll processes which you will be part of.
Terms: Maximum term full time position based at National Head Office in Glebe
Why this opportunity?
- You're looking for a role/team where you can learn and grow as an entry level role in payroll
- We set you up for success with a buddy & structured orientation
- Enjoy on the job learning opportunities as well as formal training support
- Genuine work life balance & ability to purchase additional leave
- Tax free salary options & salary packaging/sacrifice
- Work for leading not-for-profit organisation
What you need to succeed?
As a Junior Payroll Officer, you will have:
- Great attention to detail with the ability to question the pieces that are missing or don’t make sense
- Strong customer service focus with the desire to make the experience better for your client group
- The ability to balance multiple tasks, manage interruptions and competing priorities effectively
- Identify what issues require escalation, and what issues are within your scope to resolve
- Can do, outcomes focused attitude with the ability to contribute to team outcomes
Interested? Apply online below today!
Call David Porter on 02 8262 9483 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 27 July 2018
We are committed to improving employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, Older Australian's and people of all abilities. For application support only please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).