At The Benevolent Society, we believe in a society where everyone can live their best life. We provide a range of community based support services for children, families, people with a disability and older Australians. We are a non-religious, not for profit organisation at the forefront of societal change for over 200 years.
As our Financial Accountant you will be a key support to our accounting team, ensuring accurate and timely preparation and analysis of financial reports that add value to the organisation.
Terms: Maximum term (12 months) full time position available at Glebe. Initially will be starting in Paddington.
About the role:
In this position, you will support The Benevolent Society by perceptive analysis and commentary of financial reports to attain the financial status of the organisation, also including:
- Provide insightful analysis to enable the finance team, executive leadership and operational leaders to understand the business position and make better decisions.
- Conduct financial trend analysis / internal analytical reporting for various services across the business and identify outputs or anomalies that require further investigation.
- Build effective relationships, engaging with a range of clients and stakeholders on financial and accounts matters.
- Ensure deadlines are met with finance leaders by reviewing processes, procedures and systems to improve efficiencies to deliver accurate reporting.
- Reconcile accounts and balance sheet journals on a monthly basis and support finance leaders with external and internal audits.
- Have the opportunity to work on other financial projects in the broader team.
Why this opportunity?
- Use your love of financial accounting and systems to add real value to business decisions.
- Work in a fast paced, energetic environment with plenty of on the job learning opportunities.
- Enjoy salary packaging, discounts on everyday purchases, ability to purchase additional leave and more!
What you need to succeed?
- Degree in accounting (or similar) and membership to CPA/CA.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role in a busy finance team - Not for profit, aged care, disability or community services experience is highly desirable.
- A good understanding of Australian accounting standards and their application in a business environment including experience in conducting financial reporting, trend analysis and reconciliation.
- Strong customer focus with experience translating and communicating financial concepts for audiences without a financial services background.
- Ability to manage complex systems and processes, pull together data from multiple sources and provide useful analysis.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills; competent at juggling workload.
- A love of financial accounting! Ambitious yet down to earth, agile nature to adapt to a constantly changing environment while delivering outcomes.
Interested? Apply online below today!
Call Nicqui Lartigue on 0411 547 746 for a confidential discussion. Closing date 3 June 2018