We are a community based not for profit organisation focused on building resilience so children and families can live their best life.
Our Early Years Centre is a hub for families offering health services, family support services, holistic early childhood education which wraps around support to those families accessing our service.
As our Kindergarten Teacher, you will plan, develop and evaluate a high quality, play based program which incorporates the needs of individual children and groups to optimise their learning, wellbeing, and safety. You will evaluate children’s readiness for school, identify strategies and provide support to children and parents where appropriate. You will be given the opportunity to connect with local schools to build strong transition networks for all children.
You will be a part of the Long Day Care team including lead/educators working with a group of children in large indoor and outdoor environments. Together you will lead on and provide learning opportunities that build agency and is responsive to children's strengths, interests and curiosity. You will be supported to be the best Teacher you can be by a full time non-contact Educational Leader as well as the Centre Director. Being a big organisation, there are great opportunities with us to grow and develop your practice and career.
We all use the StoryPark App to plan and document learning and this will reflect your vision of a creative learning environment for children of all abilities and all cultures. Our purpose built service is part of an integrated hub, where you will work alongside other professionals like Social Workers, Child Health Nurses, a Speech Pathologist and Occupational Therapist.
Terms: Permanent Full time position at Acacia Ridge
- Generous non-contact time for professional support & programming
- 38 hour week inc paid staff meetings & accrued days off
- A culture of professional enquiry including a full time non-contact Educational Leader
- Support to use creative & innovative approaches to shape great outcomes for children
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile technology
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available which increases your take home pay
What you need to succeed
As an experienced Kindergarten Teacher, you will have:
- Bachelor of Teaching or Education (Early Childhood)
- Experience developing and evaluating curriculum and pedagogy which incorporates innovative practice
- Ability to have supportive and respectful conversations with colleagues and families to collaborate on an individual learning program for each child.
- Good time management skills, including the flexibility to adapt as the daily environment changes
- Commitment to lead intentional critical reflection to continually build practice and outcomes
- Great people skills and the ability to create strong respectful relationships with people from all walks of life
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Fiona Hartley on 07 3320 8422 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 20 May 2018