As a Lead Educator, you will work in a team of 3 Educators to provide an active play based learning environment that builds agency and is responsive to children’s strengths, interests and curiosity.
You will plan, implement and document a rich program which reflects your vision of a creative learning environment for children of all abilities and all cultures. You will work alongside other professionals like Social Workers, Child Health Nurses, Speech Pathologist and Child Psychologist who are all on your team.
We are a community based not for profit organisation focused on building resilience so children and families can live their best life.
Our Early Years Centre is a hub for families offering health services, family support services, holistic early childhood education which wraps around support to those families accessing our service.
Terms: Permanent full time position available at Acacia Ridge
- Generous time off the floor for professional support & programming
- 38 hour week inc paid staff meetings & ADO’s
- A culture of professional enquiry including a full time non-contact Educational Leader
- Use creative & innovative approaches to shape life long outcomes for children
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
What you need to succeed?
As a Lead Educator, you will have:
- Diploma in Children’s Services or Early Childhood Education with experience in a similar role
- A sound knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and innovative practice
- Great people skills and the ability to create strong respectful relationships with people from all walks of life
- Good time management and organisational skills including the ability to be flexible
- Experience developing a rich curriculum and up to date pedagogy
- Commitment to lead your own intentional reflection to continually build practice and outcomes
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Fiona Hartley on 07 3320 8450 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 29 July 2018
Internally this role is called Early Childhood Lead Educator
We are committed to improving employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, Older Australian's and people of all abilities. For application support only please contact email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).