We support people with a disability of all ages to meet their goals, empowering them to live their best life.
This is an identified position open only to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to meet the needs of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
About your new role
As an Identified Client Support Partner, you will support people with a disability and their family or carers to design, coordinate and monitor the delivery of services to enhance an individual's quality of life. You will work with clients to undertake comprehensive assessments to promote their needs, preferences and goals.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team based in Liverpool, which includes Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Physiotherapists and other Client Support Partners. We deliver services across Southern NSW and use technology to connect our team.
Terms: Permanent full-time role based in Liverpool
Why work with The Benevolent Society?
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation, mobile tools & supervision
- We use technology to connect our Disabilities team across geographies
- We celebrate the best life moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Salary packaging, meal and entertainment card and discount program available
What you need to succeed?
- Certificate IV, Diploma or relevant degree and/or experience working within the Disability sector
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary Disability practice
- Demonstrated knowledge of the needs of people with a disability and their carers
- Ability to appropriately respond to the needs of people of all abilities and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills and strong commitment to customer service
- Current NSW driver's licence and willingness to travel to clients
The Benevolent Society considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement under s14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act NSW 1977. We welcome applications from those with diverse cultural backgrounds and languages.
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Graham on 0412 017 942 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 24 August 2018.