- Permanent full time position located at Liverpool
- Manage a complex case load & provide tailored intervention to families & their children
- Build your career in a great team. Enjoy the tools & support to work flexibility
Be there, when that moment comes
Everyone’s situation is unique. So, when we’re called upon to help, our individual approach is what has set The Benevolent Society apart since 1813.
Our Child & Family Services provide intensive family support within the Child Protection system to decrease risks to children and strengthen families, reducing the numbers of children entering Out of Home Care. We also support restoration, reuniting families.
Your new role:
Partnering with a small number of at risk families, you will undertake an initial assessment of the family’s strengths and needs. Your case plans will empower families to make lasting change, build upon their resilience to reduce the risk of significant harm and support restoration.
In addition to case management, you will provide therapeutic support (group work and counselling) for parents or carers, children, or the family as a whole.
Your new team:
In our multidisciplinary team, you will work alongside Case Workers, Psychologists, Senior Practitioners, and a supportive, encouraging Team Leader. You will enjoy on the job training and support from your passionate team and when you join your buddy will help you find your feet.
Some of our benefits:
- Above award rates - covered by our Enterprise Agreement
- $15,900 tax free salary packaging available
- Mobile, tablet & the support to work flexibility
- Novated leases & pool cars available
- On the job training
- Monthly accrued day off
What you need to succeed:
As a qualified Social Worker, Psychologist or Case Worker, you will have a tertiary qualification and
- Experience in Child Protection or Out of Home Care engaging at risk families using a strengths based approach
- A strong understanding of child protection issues and demonstrated skills in linking practice to theory
- High level written and verbal communication, it’s important to document our work
- Excellent relationship building skills and experience working with the local Aboriginal communities
- Finally you must believe every parent has potential
Are you ready to shape your next chapter? Apply below today!
Call Olga George on on 02 8781 5811 for a confidential discussion. Closing date 29 October 2017
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.