We enable children in Out Of Home Care (OOHC) to achieve to their highest potential. We support their carers and their birth parents to create a safe and secure environment so these children have a safe place to land.
Building a team around the child/young person in OOHC, you will ensure the home and support network contributes to the development, improves their longer term outlook while maintaining connections with birth families and culture.
Terms: Full time permanent role based in Chatswood - close to public transport.
Who’s the team?
We are a team of Case Managers, Speech Pathologist, Senior Practitioners and Practice Experts.
We are committed to high quality work, very welcoming and believe with the right support every parent has potential to make lasting life changes.
Some of the benefits we offer/ Why join The Benevolent Society?
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Pay; above award rates (enterprise agreement) & salary packaging/sacrifice
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager you will have
- Experience supporting children; addressing child protection concerns or in OOHC
- Trauma informed practice and holistic approach to achieve lasting change
- Comfortable having tough conversations in a sensitive and appropriate way if there is a risk to child welfare
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to work flexible hours and participate on an on call / duty roster when required
- A relevant tertiary qualification and current driver’s license (pool cars are available)
Interested? Apply below today!
Call Lauren Blackburn on 02 9900 1700 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 7 June 2018.
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.