Our Child & Family Services strengthen families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect, and enjoy the best possible start to life. We deliver voluntary services to families at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system.
Your new role:
The role of the Child & Family Practitioner is to provide case management and parenting support to high risk families and children highly vulnerable to entering out of home care. In this role you will be required to supplement the work of other Child & Family Practitioners by providing therapeutic counselling to adults and children on an individual basis and where appropriate and where appropriate in the family setting.
Some of the areas you will be using your specialisation in counselling will be mental health, substance misuse, grief and loss, abuse and domestic violence. The aim is to support families and individuals to address the ongoing impact of complex trauma and promote sustainable change and functioning for the future
Terms: Full time position available at Liverpool
Who’s the team?
We are a team of Social Workers, Case Managers and Psychologists with a supportive Manager and regional Practice Support Manager.
We are committed to high quality work, very welcoming and believe with the right support every parent has potential to make lasting life changes.
Some of the benefits we offer
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best live moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager you will have
- Experience identifying and addressing child protection concerns
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal community
- High level of professional accountability and integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Dimitra Kouta on 02 8778 0600 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 3 June 2018
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.