Our Brighter Futures program strengthen families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect, and enjoy the best possible start to life. We deliver voluntary services to families at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system.
Your new role:
You will engage and support at risk families make difference choices for their children. You will undertake an initial assessment of family strengths and needs, and develop case plans that build on the family’s resilience to enable them to overcome risks by using evidence informed practices, partnering with other services and supporting the family to shape their next chapter.
We are committed to high quality work, very welcoming and believe with the right support every parent has potential to make lasting life changes.
Due to internal promotions, we have 2 permanent positions available in Armidale.
Why join The Benevolent Society?
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Access to long service leave after 5 years
- Pay; above award rates (enterprise agreement) & salary packaging/sacrifice
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager you will have
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
- Experience identifying and addressing child protection concerns
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal community
- High level of professional accountability and integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
Interested? Apply below today!
Call Samantha Airs on 0439 464 274 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 25 February 2018
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.