At The Benevolent Society, we believe in a society where everyone can live their best life. We provide a range of community based support services for children, families, people with a disability and older Australians. We are a non-religious, not for profit organisation at the forefront of societal change for over 200 years.
As our Accounts Officer you will be a key support both our payable and receivable teams, ensuring accurate and timely preparation of invoices and billing of customer accounts.
Terms: Permanent full time position at Paddington
About the role:
In this position, you will support the billings, receipting and invoice processing functions across for our Ageing and Disability customers into The Benevolent Society including:
- Ensuring both the billing and receipt of client payments processed efficiently and accurately working with our financial systems to import and export data, maintain debtors, creditors and supplier information and bank payments.
- Assist with the maintenance of supplier prices/rates within systems.
- Track and work in line with relevant procedures for invoice documentation, financial approval and payment terms.
- Ensuring system jobs are scheduled in accordance with set timeframes (e.g. T&C of invoice) and required checks (Financial Delegation) have been completed, scheduling accounts payable batch processing and scheduling accounts payable EFT processing and coordinating payments.
- Have the opportunity to work on other financial projects in the broader team.
- Build effective relationships, engaging with a range of clients and stakeholders on financial and accounts matters.
Why this opportunity?
- Make your mark in this position with a dynamic accounts team.
- Work in a fast paced, energetic environment with plenty of on the job learning opportunities.
- Enjoy salary packaging, discounts on everyday purchases, ability to purchase additional leave and more!
What you need to succeed?
- 2-4 years’ experience in an accounts receivable and accounts payable environment.
- Ability to manage complex systems and processes.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills; competent at juggling workload.
- Ambitious yet down to earth, agile nature to adapt to a constantly changing environment while delivering outcomes.
- A customer centric focus to ensure that our clients are afforded an excellent service from so that and supplier invoices and billing is processed on time.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to deal with client queries in a professional manner.
- Ageing and Disability Sector or community services experience is highly desirable.
Interested? Apply below online today!
Call Dalene on 02 8262 3511 for a confidential discussion. Closing date 27 May 2018