Our Child & Family Services / Community Programs support children and their families to live their best lives.
Your new role:
As a Social Worker/Case Manager, you will engage and support at risk families and their children. Undertake assessment of family strengths and needs, and support actions that build on the family’s resilience to enable them to overcome risks by using evidence informed practices, partnering with other services and supporting the family to shape their next chapter.
You will plan, develop and facilitate programs that support children’s socialisation, growth and build their self-confidence and resilience.
You will ensure groups are a safe setting for participants and coordinate the recruitment of mentors. You participate in community development to support the success of your programs.
We are committed to high quality work, are flexible and diverse in our approach, and believe with the right support every family has potential to make lasting life changes.
Terms: 2 x Permanent Part time (3 days per week) positions at Claymore
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- We celebrate the best live moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- Novated leases & pool cars available
What you need to succeed?
You will have a relevant tertiary (degree) qualification and:
- Experience working with children, families or groups in a group work or community development setting
- A clear understanding of child protection issues and mandatory reporting responsibilities
- Excellent time management and organising skills to balance competing demands
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life including the local Aboriginal community
- A working knowledge of existing networks within the Campbelltown service sector (particularly Claymore and Rosemeadow / Ambarvale) will be an advantage
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Kristy Wales on 0420 959 675 to discuss the role in more detail. Closing date 14th August 2018
Internally this role is called Child & Family Practitioner