The Benevolent Society’s Child & Family Services aim to strengthen families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect, and enjoy the best possible start to life. We deliver voluntary services to families at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system.
A rare and exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Team Leader to join the Fostering Young Lives (FYL) team based in Hurstville. Focused on ensuring the team are positioned to provide exceptional services to children and families so they can feel safe and secure, the Team Leader will provide clear focused leadership and professional supervision.
Reporting to the Deputy Manager Family Partnerships, and managing a team of 3-4 direct reports, the successful candidate will have proven experience within Child Protection and/or Out of Home Care and will be familiar with Step by Step training and assessment tools. This is an initial six-month contract with possible extension.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Hurstville.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assessment of new foster carers and guardianship assessments.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with community partners and attending community-based events.
- Overseeing the organisations recruitment campaigns for foster carers.
- Developing and conducting group information sessions.
- Supervising case management support to respite carers.
- Providing coaching and support to foster carers as required.
To Be Successful
- Degree qualified in area relating to service delivery
- Demonstrated experience leading a small team to maximise outcomes for clients
- Previous operational experience in the area related to the service, including case management experience, where applicable
- Have experience in assessments model of foster carer such as the Step by Step or Winegay models
- Excellent understanding of the service’s operating environment
- Demonstrated understanding of vulnerability and risk indicators relating to the client group of the service
The Benevolent Society are passionate about delivering internal growth and progression opportunities to their staff and the Team Leader must be committed to the development of their team members.
Call Amy on 0406383425 for more details about the role.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).