- Full time position based in Loganholme
- $101k - $107k inclusive of Super + Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH options available
Our Intensive Family Support program offers voluntary in home family support to families who are at risk of entering or re – entering the Child Protection System. Through case management and effective relationship building, we aim to strengthen families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect.
About the Role:
Our Intensive Family Support program has an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to join our varied and highly engaged team covering the Beenleigh/Bayside catchment, office located in Loganholme.
You will provide leadership to a multidisciplinary team of allied health, social workers and case workers in delivering intensive, in home family support services. You will draw on your professional background in Child Protection/Family support to ensure service delivery is focused on best practice and delivered in an effective and sustainable way that maximises positive outcomes for families. You will apply your experience in working with young people and their families and understanding of trauma informed practice to ensure your team is supporting vulnerable families in the community. You will support your team to do their best work through flexible and adaptable strengths based-leadership, professional supervision, practice support and learning opportunities.
- As part of a supportive and creative leadership team you will champion service improvements and practice excellence to ensure the best outcomes for children and their families
- Maximise outcomes for staff and clients through collaboration, by capitalising on the practice experience and strengths across TBS
- As a leader you will play an important role in fostering and supporting a positive, collaborative and outcome focused team culture
- You will model and guide your team around the setting of professional boundaries with clients
- You will use your expertise to provide advice and assistance to team members in assessments of risk, safety planning and trauma informed decision-making for vulnerable children and their families
Skills and Experience
- You will have a degree qualification in Allied Health, Social Work, Psychology or related discipline and:
- Program Leadership - experience managing and leading programs in the Community Services sector
- People Leadership - experience building/maintaining an engaged, high performing team and developing their capability
- Practice Leadership - a passion for continuous improvement and implementing industry best practice into service delivery
- Flexible & Collaborative Approach – lead this innovative team/program and engage a range of stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of child protection issues & client vulnerabilities, and the impact of trauma and the effect on child behaviour and development
- Strong skills and experience in assessing, identifying and addressing child protection concerns
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a fast paced environment, ever changing environment
- Holistic strengths based approach to achieve lasting change
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and packaged vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including WFH + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness - Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development - Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
If you require additional information, contact Crystal Wheeler on Crystal.Wheeler@benevolent.org.au for a friendly discussion.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19.