- Part time position (4 days per week) based in Milton
- $98k - $102k pro rata inclusive of Super + Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH & part time options available
- Don't miss your chance! Considering applications on arrival and shortlisting!
For over 10 years, Post Adoption Support Queensland (PASQ) has supported people whose lives have been affected by adoption.
About the role
As our PASQ Team Leader, you will lead a team of counselors who support clients affected by adoption though counselling (face to face, phone or virtually), search and intermediary services, therapeutic groups, adoption connection groups and professional development.
- Provide high quality supervision, professional development, mentoring and hands-on support to the PASQ team
- You will be an emphatic leader who seeks to support your team and places importance on their need for supervision and seek out opportunities for their professional development.
- Have a good understanding of departmental funding agreements and ability to respond to departmental reporting demands
- Create a high performing team who are engaged, satisfied and positive!
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development - Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Skills and Experience
You will have a tertiary (degree) qualification and:
- Understanding of the key issues surrounding adoption such as trauma and its impact, reunion issues, the historical context of forced adoption, and the position and views of differing stakeholders in the adoption space
- Experience delivering trauma informed evidence-based programs and therapeutic services using a family systems approach
- Demonstrated practice skills working therapeutically with children and families, preferably in a post adoption service
- High level written and verbal communication skills, with knowledge of search and outreach practices applied when acting as an intermediary
- Great people skills and capacity to engage with people from all walks of life
- Current driver's license (pool cars are available so you don’t need to use your own vehicle)
Apply online today!
Contact Violetta Humphreys on 0418 637 950 to discuss the role in more detail
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19.