- 12-month contract role Based in Melrose Park, SA
- $80k - $85k inclusive of Super + Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, Hybrid work options available
The Benevolent Society’s vision is to build a just society where all Australians can live their best life. For more than 200 years we have supported people at the margins of society: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians; children, young people, and their families; older people; carers and people with disability. We are an independent, non-religious service provider which supports people to live life their way.
As part of The Benevolent Society vision, we are strongly committed to reconciliation with our First Nations people of Australia. We remain steadfast in our commitment to promoting the economic, political, and social inclusion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the role
As a Support Coordinator, you will support people with a disability and their family or carers to design, coordinate and monitor the delivery of services to enhance an individual's quality of life. Use strengths based practice to support your clients to identify their specific needs, preferences and goals; to promote their independence and participation in the community.
- Support clients to develop, implement, monitor and achieve their goals using a range of person-centred tools.
- Establish and maintain network relationships with key agencies, other service providers, and referral services.
- Ensure effective monitoring and reporting through accurate and relevant client records in line with confidentiality and privacy requirements.
- Provide information and referrals to support clients to access appropriate resources and services, both within The Benevolent Society and with external agencies and service providers.
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A ‘best life’ is unique to everyone and can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - You can package up to $15,900 pa of you pre-tax salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you take home even more pay!
- Motor Vehicle Packaging Options – to suit your lifestyle.
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including hybrid home/office work arrangements.
- Recognition and Reward – Sector competitive remuneration, various recognition programs and access to long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness - Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Professional development – We tailor career development opportunities to all employees and volunteers for career enrichment, fulfilment, and growth.
- Our Reconciliation Commitment – First Nations employees are entitled up to 10 days of unpaid leave for ceremonial purposes, as well as the option to be a voice on our RAP working group and have the opportunity for cultural and professional development that supports career pathways.
Skills and Experience
We want you to be successful in your new role! This means you'll have:
- Relevant qualification and/or experience working within the Disability sector is desirable
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs of people with a disability and their carers
- Experience working collaboratively to enhance client outcomes
- Ability to appropriately respond to the needs of people of all abilities and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong commitment to customer service
- Previous experience in a billable environment supporting Participants receiving NDIS funding is highly desirable
- Current driver's license and willingness to travel to clients where required
If you identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, then we want to hear from you. The Benevolent Society recognises and values cultural knowledge and wisdom of the First Nations people, we therefore strongly encourage you to apply. We are strongly committed to being an Employer of Choice, one who offers, provides, and practices cultural safety in our workplace.
Have any questions? Call Ash on 0401 675 558 for a friendly discussion.
*Internally this role is called a Client Support Partner