- Full time position based in the Lismore & Northern Rivers areas
- $88k - $105k inclusive o super+ Salary Packaging + Sign on bonus of up to $5000!
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH & part time options available
The Benevolent Society supports Australians by offering integrated support services for children, young people, families, people with disability, older Australians and carers.
We work across Australia, nationally through virtual service delivery and in person in NSW, VIC, ACT, SA and QLD. We work with thousands of people every day, to help them feel valued, cared for and understood.
Your new role
As a passionate Speech Pathologist, you will be welcomed into our multi-disciplinary disability services team. You will work collaboratively within our team with full support and supervision from our Senior Practitioners and other Allied Health Professionals to ensure you are set-up to deliver high-quality, evidence based, client-centred services. Our services are offered flexibly either in client homes, community settings or in our clinic space. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from geriatric to paediatric with varying degrees of disabilities.
- Provide high quality, culturally appropriate assessment and interventions to people with with a disability who have language, literacy, voice and specific eating, drinking or total communication needs
- Create treatment and therapy plans to suit the individualised needs of our diverse range of clients
- Implement appropriate evidence based services that meet the needs of clients according to the goals and within the allocated hours of their NDIS plan
- Participate in support planning processes for clients to deliver coordinated, effective, service provision that meets the needs of the clients
- Liaise with relevant persons in client’s environment e.g. family members, carers etc. regarding implications and management of eating, drinking or communication needs
- Opportunity to develop session plans for Allied Health Assistant's
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Sign on bonus of up to $5000!
- Clinical Supervision - regular clinical supervision and support from our senior Speech Pathologist to support you to deliver high quality, evidence based services
- Professional development - monthly Communities of Practice, and ongoing learning & development opportunities
- Multi-disciplinary team - OTs, Speech Pathologists, Behaviour Support Practitioners, Psychologists & Support Coordinators
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
Skills and Experience
- Currently registered with Speech Pathology Australia
- Current driver's license (cars provided)
- Passionate about supporting people with a disability to achieve their goals
- Honest and who carry out their role with integrity and demonstrate genuine respect for all people regardless of their disability, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation
- Experienced in applying evidence-based practice frameworks to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate clinical supports
- Able to work in a flexible, person-centred and strengths based way across a diverse range of settings to meet client needs
- Willing to contribute to and develop their professional skills through our internal practice communities
Contact Kate Brearley on 0417 994 090 if you would like to know more.