At The Benevolent Society, we believe in a society where everyone can live their best life.
We believe independence and choice for older people is important. We love to see the smile on our client’s faces when we’ve been able to support them to remain at home and stay connected to their community for that little bit longer.
About the role
As a Leisure & Health Worker, you will provide direct home support services to meet the personal lifestyle, wellbeing needs and preferences of older people in South East Sydney. This role will work with consumers from CALD and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island communities, with a focus on strengthening people’s connection to community and culture. You will facilitate individual and group wellness activities and allied health programs working closely with the Diversional Therapist.
Preference will be given to candidates who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
- Be part of shaping the next chapter for Older Australians
- Full training on the job from our skilled team
- Work close to home in (Hurstville)
- Ability to purchase extra leave
- $15,900 tax free salary packaging
- Covered by our Enterprise Agreement
What you need to succeed:
You will be passionate working with older people and supporting them to create their best life and
- Have a Certificate 4 Leisure & Health, Certificate 3 or 4 in Aged Care, Home Care or Disability or similar
- Have an understanding of the needs of diverse communities and previous experience working with from CALD and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island communities
- Ability to facilitate lifestyle and group programs in an inclusive manner while meeting individual needs
- Great people skills and the ability to create strong working relationships with people from all walks of life
- A current driver’s license, your own vehicle and a willingness to travel to client homes within the area