- New graduate opportunity to join our multidisciplinary team and grow as a practitioner!
The Benevolent Society has found that new graduates come with energy, ideas, motivation & a strong desire to create sustainable change, & they needed high quality formal & informal support, some essential skills in a short period of time, & a gradual increase in workload to be able to do it well. And so, In 2021 we designed Graduate Pathways.
About the role
This year our Graduate Program is being expanded to operate across all our services in rural, regional & metro Hubs in NSW & SA. We are looking for newly registered Occupational Therapy students who will work within our multi-disciplinary Disability Services team.
We offer our services to a diverse range of clients from Paediatric to Geriatric with physical or intellectual disabilities, working flexibly either in their homes, community settings or from our office space.
Your pathways journey
Your journey starts with a two week induction. You are paired with a peer buddy to show you the ropes. You're engaged with other grads in different roles around the organisation. You will move through self-guided learning modules & build your skills in engagement, assessment, planning, reviewing & walking with people to live their best lives. You will grow as a practitioner through reflective practice activities & workshops. You will learn about other roles & ways of working through short rotations with other programs & services.
- High quality and quantity formal supervision for 1 hour per week from your Senior to provide space for questions and feedback
- Monthly workshops support by our Practice Impact Management team where you will have the opportunity to develop relationships with peers, build your knowledge in roles and programs and reflect on your learning
- Rotations within other areas of our organisation to build your knowledge, create connections with colleagues outside your hub and have exposure to a wide range of skills and other programs
- Designated buddy to help you settle in and connect with your peers
- Monthly learning modules and workshops to expand your knowledge base and expose you to other disciplines
- Paid study leave and access to external training/ study opportunities
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness - Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development - Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
If you would like to know more
Or contact Faz on 0401 675 408 to find out more.