The Benevolent Society (TBS) has an opportunity for an experienced End User Computing Specialist to ensure the ongoing maintenance and management of the TBS Standard Operating Environment and Business and Desktop applications. The role will be responsible for enterprise wide services extended across multiple platforms, tools and process disciplines.
The role will be significantly involved in projects to transform the standard desktop services from a traditional desktop management model to a customer-centre model incorporating virtualisation technologies, and will be significantly involved in IT security applications.
Why work with us
As Australia’s first charity we’ve been supporting people with a disability, children, families, older peoples and carers since 1813. Not-for-profit and non-religious we have a vision of a just society where everyone can live their best life and a 200+ year track record of fighting for social justice. We deliver our vision through a progressive, talented and multi-disciplinary team of over 1300 staff supporting over 40,000 people in five states and territories. Our team live and breathe our values every day – integrity, respect, collaboration, effectiveness and optimism.
You might be interested in….
- Flexible work conditions with potential shared office and working from home arrangements
- A focus on work/life balance with access to 2 weeks additional purchased leave each year, and long service leave after 5 years.
- Competitive remuneration with access to salary packaging up to $15900 per year and employee discount programs including gyms and fitness centres.
Your new role
- Reporting to the Manager of IT Services
- Determine and implement best practices for configuration, administration and support of SCCM.
- Ensure application packages are created, tested and deployed on Windows, Active Directory and existing SOE.
- Create scripts with VBScript, Powershell, SQL, ADSI, and WMI as required.
- Develop future state strategies based on IT roadmaps, and initiatives that are aligned with the business strategy goals and vision; create an environment that is supportable, secure and scaleable.
- Work with staff to identify and resolve problems and/or deficiencies with application performance. Streamline existing processes for efficiency improvements.
- Manage and maintain the MOE/SOE within The Benevolent Society
- Packaging of Windows 10 SOE and suite of applications
- Management and support of end user security solutions, including patching and mobile device management
What you’ll need to succeed
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM), with experience in managing medium to large environments.
- 5+ years of implementing/managing workstation and server management platforms, OS image deployment and maintenance, software and patch deployment, and related technologies.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Degree in Computer Science
- Experience working in the Not for Profit sector
- Exposure to an ITIL based service management environment.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).