Have you heard The Benevolent Society is growing?
We are enjoying an exciting time of growth as we significantly expand our impact across Australia to enable more Australians to live their best life.
Our new services will provide Allied Health Services to older Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people living in community in South East Sydney.
About your new role
As our Diversional Therapist/Allied Health professional, you will develop, implement and evaluate innovative and responsive approaches to allied health service provision that promotes independence, choice, and cultural connectedness. This role will pioneer a new model of allied health service provision working with consumers from CALD and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island communities, with a focus on strengthening people’s connection to community and culture.
You will lead flexible client centred wellness and lifestyle programs and integrated therapy services, based on regular, genuine engagement with clients and brokered services.
Preference will be given to candidates who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
- Be part of shaping the next chapter for Older Australians
- Flexible workplace inc all the tools you need to be mobile
- $15,900 tax free salary options as a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI)
- Ability to purchase extra leave
- Long service leave after 5 years service
- Covered by our Enterprise Agreement
What you need to succeed:
You will be passionate working with older people and supporting them to create their best life and have:
- Degree in Allied Health (preferably Diversional Therapy or Occupational Therapy) or similar and/or equivalent extensive experience
- Strong understanding of the needs of diverse communities and previous experience working with from CALD and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island communities
- Experience coordinating lifestyle, recreation and allied health services for older people
- Experience assessing needs, creating care plans and documenting progress
- Client first approach with a keen interest in evaluating programs to ensure their effectiveness
- Great people skills and the ability to create strong working relationships with people from all walks of life
Apply below! Call Shannon on 02 9504 6782 for a confidential discussion. Closing date 21 May 2017