- Full-time role based in Sydney
- TRP $80k - $90k inclusive of Super + Salary Packaging
- Flexible, friendly organisation, Hybrid work options available
The Benevolent Society’s vision is to build a just society where all Australians can live their best life. For more than 200 years we have supported people at the margins of society: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians; Children, young people, and their families; older people; carers, and people with disability and First Nations communities. We are an independent, non-religious service provider which supports people to live life their way.
As part of The Benevolent Society vision, we are strongly committed to reconciliation with our First Nations people of Australia. We remain steadfast in our commitment to promoting the economic, political, and social inclusion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the role
We’re seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and solution-oriented individual to join our Engagement team as a Digital Fundraising Specialist! Your role will be essential in driving fundraising revenue across our digital channels. Contribute to our growth strategy and support our teams in delivering exceptional services by implementing compelling campaigns to recruit new financial supporters, retain current supporters, and support digital marketing efforts.
- Manage the digital campaigns throughout the year, including appeals, with a primary focus on generating leads and acquiring new donors
- Develop and execute digital acquisition strategies, such as two-step lead gen, working extensively with agencies to achieve fundraising objectives
- Implement the donor care journey across digital channels, cultivating strong relationships
- Ensure fundraising and campaign pages on website are up to date and optimized
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date record keeping in the CRM system
- Prepare and segment data for campaigns
- Provide post-campaign analysis to evaluate the effectiveness and impact of the campaigns.
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A ‘best life’ is unique to everyone and can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - You can package up to $15,900 pa of you pre-tax salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you take home even more pay!
- Motor Vehicle Packaging Options – to suit your lifestyle.
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including hybrid home/office work arrangements, 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees (that’s an extra 12 days off per year!).
- Recognition and Reward – Sector competitive remuneration, various recognition programs and access to long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness - Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Professional development – We tailor career development opportunities to all employees and volunteers for career enrichment, fulfilment, and growth.
- Our Reconciliation Commitment – a First Nations employees are entitled up to 10 days of unpaid leave for ceremonial purposes, as well as the option to be a voice on our RAP working group, and have the opportunity for cultural and professional development that supports career pathways.
Skills and experience
We want you to be successful in your new role! This means you’ll have 3+ years' experience in a similar fundraising and/or digital marketing role and
- A strong understanding of fundraising and how to engage supporters effectively
- Experience implementing digital fundraising campaigns across multiple channels such as social, search, paid advertising, eDm
- Ability to gather data and analytics to support our ongoing efforts to acquire and communicate with donors
- Ability to ensure accurate and comprehensive record-keeping within a CRM.
- Highly developed written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- High competence in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook) and digital and web-based applications (e.g., Microsoft SharePoint)
- Experience using marketing and fundraising platforms and CRM (such as Salesforce, Pardot, Campaign Monitor)
If you identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, then we want to hear from you. The Benevolent Society recognises and values cultural knowledge and wisdom of the First Nations people, we therefore strongly encourage you to apply. We are strongly committed to being an Employer of Choice, one who offers, provides, and practices cultural safety in our workplace.
To apply, please click the APPLY button, submit your current CV and 1-page cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and suitability for the role.
Have any questions? Contact Lisa on Lisa.Hresc@benevolent.org.au for a friendly, confidential discussion