- Full time position based in Hurstville
- Competitive remuneration + salary packaging options
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH & part time options available
We are Australia’s first charity, providing a range of Disability, Child, Youth and Family and Aged Care services across New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia. We are a not-for-profit and non-religious organisation that has assisted people, families and communities to achieve positive change since 1813.
About the role
As our Deputy Manager, you will collaborate with and support the Manager, Ageing Operations to provide leading consumer directed care services, partnering with older people to help them experience the life they never thought possible. You will lead your team to ensure that they are developed and supported to provide excellent services to our clients, their carers and families.
- Lead Case Managers in creating a flexible client centred service culture based on genuine engagement with consumers, carers and participants
- Support team members to understand the vision, values and direction of the organisation and translate them so the team understands how they relate to their everyday practice.
- Collaborate with the Manager to ensure the way the team works is commercially effective and sustainable, identifying opportunities for process improvement or more effective ways of working.
- Provide clear, fair and focused leadership, professional supervision, debriefing, practice support and guidance to team members.
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development - Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Skills and Experience
You will have a tertiary qualification in Human Services, Social Work, Welfare, Nursing or equivalent experience:
- Experience leading a team in the Community Services Sector in Disability or Ageing
- Comprehensive knowledge of consumer directed and self directed care models and/or food service
- Leadership experience covering all staff matters including practice supervision, performance management etc
- Experience identifying opportunities for and implementing quality improvements within programs or services
- Collaborative approach with the ability to successfully influence and engage a range of stakeholders
Interest? Apply online today!
Contact Sally Panagopoulos on 0401 675 631 for more details about the role.
*Internally this role is known as Deputy Manager