- Full time role based in Glebe
- $74k - $79k inclusive of Super + Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, hybrid work options available
The Benevolent Society works in partnership with the Commonwealth Department of Social Services, to deliver the National Disability Gateway Services. The Disability Gateway will assist people with a disability, their family, friends and carers, to locate and access relevant services and information across Australia based on their support needs.
As our Community Services Consultant you will join our team as a central point of contact and entry point for client referrals to disability information, services and programs. You will assess client's eligibility for services, identify risks and vulnerabilities and connect clients to services and information.
- Respond quickly and effectively to client enquiries in line with the Support Centre Customer Experience Vision and Quality Framework
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of The Benevolent Society’s services, funding mechanisms including basic eligibility requirements, assessment processes, key contacts and sources of consumer information.
- Use human-centered and strengths-based techniques to build relationships with clients and provide accurate and timely advice, information and referrals to external support services and referral agencies in an effortless way
- Follow up referral outcomes and support received by consumers to ensure consumer needs are met and excellent customer service provided
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A ‘best life’ is unique to everyone and can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits -You can package up to $15,900 pa of you pre-tax salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you take home even more pay!
- Motor Vehicle Packaging Options – to suit your lifestyle.
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including hybrid home/office work arrangements, 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees (that means an extra 12days off/year).
- Recognition and Reward – Sector competitive remuneration, various recognition programs and access to long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness -Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Professional development – We tailor career development opportunities to all employees and volunteers for career enrichment, fulfilment, and growth
Skills & Experience
We want you to be successful in your new role! This means you’ll have the following:
- Certificate III or IV or a Diploma In aged care, community care, disability services, community services or related area such as psychology/counselling/mental health or social work will be highly advantageous
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of the sector and Australian Government funding bodies (NDIS, My Aged Care, child & family services) will be an advantage
- Demonstrated experience working in health or community services and call centres is preferable
- High level of emotional regulation and agility, compassion and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Technologically savvy with the ability to navigate across multiple computer systems, and multitask effectively in high stress situations
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
To apply please follow the link and submit your current CV along with a 1 page cover letter discussing your reasons for applying and suitability for the role!
Call Aimee on 0481395745 for a friendly, confidential discussion!