A support co-ordinator plays a critical role in supporting participants to navigate the NDIS system, understand their NDIS plans, connect into the broader system of services and to build their capacity to direct their supports independently over time.
Your new role
As a Support Coordinator your role is to support NDIS clients by monitoring and coordination their plans. You will support clients to understand and implement their NDIS plan and link them to the community, mainstream and other services to enhance an individual’s quality of life.
This is a part-time role based in Melrose Park.
You will have a relevant qualification and/or experience working within the disability sector and;
- Experience in reading, understanding and implementing NDIS plans
- Experience in connecting clients to services under a client direct care model
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong commitment to customer service
- Current driver's license and willingness to travel to clients where required
- Previous experience in a billable environment highly desirable
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is a deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a couple of things you might be interested in:
- Access to our robust practice model and supervision
- Purchased leave and access to long service leave after 5 years
- Salary packaging and employee discount program
3 things about us (that might pleasantly surprise you)
- We're a not-for-profit and non-religious organisation
- We've been helping Australians for over 200 years
- In 2018, 78 employees completed Team Leading Essentials, our future leaders training program
Be the change. Are you ready to give someone hope? Apply online now!
For urgent questions contact Esther on 0411879458.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).