We enable children in Out Of Home Care (OOHC) to achieve to their highest potential. We support their carers and their birth parents to create a safe and secure environment so these children have a safe place to land. The role is an opportunity to case manager children and young people in OOHC and support them, their carers and birth family to achieve the best outcome. This role will see you work in a team which is driven and friendly and committed to the role.
Your new role:
Passionate about improving outcome for children/young people who have experienced complex trauma, you understand the importance of building a team around the child/young person.
Working holistically, you will ensure the home and support network contributes to their development, improves their longer term outlook while maintaining connections with birth families and culture.
You can work in a fast pace environment and adapt easily to change while always keeping the best interests and well-being of the children at the centre of what you do
Your new team:
As part of our larger OOHC team, you will work with Foster Carers Assessors, Case Workers, Psychologists, Speech Pathologist, Senior Practitioner and Team Leader.
You will enjoy on the job training and support from your committed team. When you join your buddy will help you find your feet.
Terms: Full time position based in Hurstville, NSW.
What you'll Need To Be Successful:
As a qualified Social Worker, Psychologist or Case Worker, you will have a tertiary qualification and
- 1 or 2 years experience in Child Protection or Out of Home Care engaging at risk families using a strengths based approach
- A clear understanding of child protection issues and the capacity to identify when the level of risk requires statutory child protection intervention
- High level written and verbal communication, it's important to document our work
- Excellent relationship building skills and experience working with the local Aboriginal communities
Some of our benefits:
- We support you to work flexibly; from home, other hubs or flexible hours
- Self care is important; Monthly accrued day off & purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
- Novated leases & pool cars available
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Faz on 0401 675 408
We respect and promote human rights and diversity and are committed to building an inclusive culture.We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).