- Full time position based in South West Sydney
- $86k - $92k inclusive of Super + Salary Packaging
- Flexible Friendly organisation, WFH & part time options available
We are Australia’s first charity, providing a range of Disability, Child, Youth and Family and Aged Care services across New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia. We are an independent, non-religious service provider which supports people to live life their way. Our vision is for a just society where all Australians can live their best life. We use our practice wisdom to mobilise social movements that advocate for anyone in need and create social change.
Your new role
Our Child & Family Services provide intensive family support within the Child Protection system to strengthen families and decrease any risks to children, reducing the numbers of children entering Out of Home Care. As our Case Manager in our intensive family support program, you will undertake an assessment of family strengths, needs and desired outcomes, create a case plan and link them with appropriate networks. You will honour, respect and incorporate children and families culture in all aspects of practice and service delivery.
- Undertake an initial assessment of family strengths and needs
- Develop case plans that build on the family’s resilience to enable them to overcome identified risks
- Provide intensive home visiting
- Provide intervention through the use of evidence informed practices, partnering with other services and supporting the family to shape their next chapter
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness - Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development - Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Skills and Experience
You will have experience working with at risk children and families within the community services sector and:
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria (found in position profile) MUST be submitted along with your application in order to be considered.
- Be recognised within the community as a respected, culturally safe person
- Experience identifying and addressing child protection concerns
- High level written and verbal communication, it’s important to document our work
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Welfare or Psychology or related discipline is highly desirable
- Current drivers license (pool cars are available so you don’t need to use your own vehicle)
- Please ensure you have read and understand our attached Position Profile
Apply online today or contact Rebecca Moore at 0466 737 436.
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.