- Multiple Full-time positions based in Hurstville
- $79k - $81k inclusive of Super + Salary Packaging
- Flexible, friendly organisation, Hybrid work options available
About the Program
Are you passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of carers across Australia? The Benevolent Society is excited to announce the growth and expansion of our Carer Gateway Program, and we are looking for dedicated individuals to join our team. The Benevolent Society’s vision is to build a just society where all Australians can live their best life. For more than 200 years we have supported people at the margins of society: children, young people, and their families; First Nations Australians; older people; carers and people with disability. We are an independent, non-religious service provider which supports people to live life their way. We use our practice wisdom to mobilise social movements that advocate for anyone in need and create social change.
We are committed to supporting carers and enhancing their quality of life. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic and innovative team, as we work together to make a meaningful difference in the lives of carers. Caring for a loved one is important work. Some days caring brings great joy, but some days it can be lonely or a little overwhelming. No matter how you feel today, our Carer’s Gateway will be just a phone call away. Carer’s Gateway is an initiative to provide carers with information, support, counselling, and coaching. Click here to find out more about Carer Gateway!
- Connect with our Carers, complete an assessment and create a plan which addresses the carers' needs and aspirations. It may include emergency help i.e. respite, counselling, coaching, peer support etc.
- Collaborate and work closely with the team to create a safe space for our Carer's to connect and share their journey with each other.
- Co Ordinate support sessions for carers both online and face to face
- Facilitate Peer to Peer Support Groups face to face and online
- Look for opportunities to bring carers together to share experiences and build supportive connections
- Attend expos and local community days to promote the Carer Gateway Programs and benefits
- Attend overnight workshops that focus on providing carers with strategies and support regarding their caring roles.
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A ‘best life’ is unique to everyone and can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - You can package up to $15,900 pa of you pre-tax salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you take home even more pay!
- Motor Vehicle Packaging Options – to suit your lifestyle (Only available after working at TBS for a full 12 months).
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including hybrid home/office work arrangements, 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees.
- Recognition and Reward – Sector competitive remuneration, various recognition programs and access to long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness - Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Professional development – We tailor career development opportunities to all employees and volunteers for career enrichment, fulfilment, and growth
- Our Reconciliation Commitment – a First Nations employees are entitled up to 10 days of unpaid leave for ceremonial purposes, as well as the option to be a voice on our RAP working group, and have the opportunity for cultural and professional development that supports career pathways.
Skills and Experience
We want you to be successful in your new role! This means, you’ll have:
- Experience as a Case Worker, Case Manager or Support Coordinator
- A passion for helping Carers live their best lives while they support a loved one to have a better quality of life.
- An ability to develop initial service plans in collaboration with the customer, carers, medical and allied health professionals and referring agencies as appropriate, ensuring it meets the customer’s needs, goals, preferences and eligibility
- A Strong emotional intelligence and the ability to create an experience where a caller quickly feels heard and comfortable, often at a time when the caller may feel emotional, confused or frustrated navigating systems they may not understand in time of emotional stress
- An ability to connect with people from all walks of life
- Comfortability in leading carer peer support groups and comfortability in working from our Hurstville office
Some evening/weekend work will be required however events are planned well in advance.
To apply please follow the link and submit your current CV along with a 1 page cover letter discussing your reasons for applying and suitability for the role
Have any questions? Please contact Nicole on 0434 900 825 for a friendly, confidential discussion.
If you identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, then we want to hear from you. The Benevolent Society recognises and values cultural knowledge and wisdom of the First Nations people, we therefore strongly encourage you to apply. We are strongly committed to being an Employer of Choice, one who offers, provides, and practices cultural safety in our workplace.