- Part time contract position (4 days per week) until 30th June 2023 based in Campbelltown
- $86k - $92k inclusive of Super + Salary Packaging
The Benevolent Society considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s. 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
Our Centre for Women’s, Children’s and Family Health in Campbelltown supports women and families particularly those affected by domestic violence, to make positive, safe, and informed choices. We use a trauma informed, strengths-based approach and integrated, wrap around service model.
About the role
As our Case Worker, you will join our Staying Home Leaving Violence Team where you will provide effective, flexible, and holistic case management support. We use a trauma informed, person-centred approach to support women to heal from domestic violence, sexual assault, grief, loss and other women’s health issues. You will have an in-depth understanding of Domestic and Family Violence and relevant legislation, have a good understanding of the court process, effective advocacy skills and networking abilities with relevant services in the area.
- Work with clients to undertake comprehensive assessments to develop, implement, monitor and review their client plan and outcomes that identify strengths as well as areas of risk, ensuring clients are actively engaged in the process
- Engage clients using appropriate assessment and risk minimisation processes.
- Ensure client plans are shared openly with clients, and where applicable, other agencies
- Coordinate with other service providers including government departments and agencies, notably women’s domestic violence court advocacy services, police, Centrelink and housing services
We support people to live their best life. That includes you, our employee. A best life is deeply personal. It can change as life changes. Here are a few things you might be interested in:
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements including part time hours + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness- Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development - Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Skills and Experience
You will have a relevant tertiary (degree) qualification in social work, community services or similar:
- You will have at least 3-4 years case management experience
- Experience working with women affected by trauma, domestic violence, mental health, or other forms of adversity (By phone and /or face to face)
- Ability to quickly and effectively evaluate the needs of a client who may be in crisis and identify potential referrals that may meet their needs
- A clear understanding of child protection issues and mandatory reporting responsibilities
- Excellent time management and organising skills to balance competing demands and provide timely responses to clients
- Current Drivers Licence
Call Brenda on 02 4633 3777 to discuss the role in more detail.
*Internally this position is called a Child and Family Practitioner