The Benevolent Society (TBS) provides a range of community based support services for children, families, people with a disability and older Australians. We are a non-religious, not for profit organisation at the forefront of societal change for over 200 years.
A great opportunity if
- You want to be a part of a successful organisation with an ambitious growth agenda
- You are a Business Development professional with experience contributing to the development of the business growth strategy.
- You have identified and developed partnership and M&A opportunities assessing and managing risks.
- You understand government and other funder tender processes and decision making criteria and have experience in the Social Services sector
Your new Role
The purpose of this position is to support the achievement of The Benevolent Society’s strategic growth goals by developing the organisational profile and service footprint in alignment with the growth strategy. This includes managing tenders and grants working closely with operations management, identifying and developing strategic partnership opportunities, and the implementation and coordination of the organisation’s partnership framework and activities.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Assess and manage business development opportunities, including tenders/grants, joint ventures and mergers/acquisitions, in accordance with TBS Strategy, Risk Appetite and governance frameworks
- Develop and manage an opportunity pipeline of government tenders and grants, including identifying win rates and revenue goals.
- Develop bid strategies that are responsive to funder requirements, market conditions; and organisational strategy and capabilities.
- Consult with TBS leadership to develop annual Growth Strategy and then lead regular assessments of the strategy implementation.
- Build and maintain a community and local industry profile, to enable the identification of and access to opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with identified finance and commercial leads to oversee the development of financial modelling and contracts; proactively identifying financial and commercial risks.
- Lead comprehensive handover of successful opportunities to Operational teams ensuring they understand all key drivers for success.
- Represent the Benevolent Society in public fora, conferences, meetings, events and workshops.
What you need to succeed
- Tertiary qualifications or higher in business or similar or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in business development and/or partnerships, preferably within the community services sector
- A proven track record of delivering successful business development initiatives such as joint ventures, mergers/acquisitions or tenders/grants
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, with experience of developing strong external partnerships, including with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and organisations
- Strong strategic thinking skills with the ability to identify and act on opportunities ahead of the curve
Interested? Apply below to-day
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity we would encourage you to contact Anna Robinson via email on email@example.com. Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).