- Full time position based in Glebe, NSW (National Office)
- $77k TRP
- Flexible friendly organisation with flexible work arrangements
We are Australia’s first charity, providing a range of Disability, Child, Youth and Family and Aged Care services across New South Wales, Queensland and South Australia. We are an independent, non-religious service provider which supports people to live life their way. Our vision is for a just society where all Australians can live their best life. We use our practice wisdom to mobilise social movements that advocate for anyone in need and create social change.
About the role
As our Assistant Accountant you will be a key support to our accounting team, assisting in a variety of projects and tasks, and ensuring accurate and timely preparation and analysis of financial reports that add value to the organisation.
- Perform bank reconciliation and prepare cash flow data for the Cash Management system on a daily basis
- Maintain Bank Guarantee listing and gift card register
- Bill clients in a timely and accurate manner and set up new debtors in relation to billing in the financial system.
- Assist with the maintenance of supplier prices/rates within systems
- Provide support to Finance Leaders, Financial Accountants, and the Finance Team on various projects and tasks including preparation of end of month recurring and standard journals, system maintenance and improvements, preparation of monthly management reports and annual FBT returns, external and internal audits and more!
- Build effective relationships with clients and stakeholders, deliver a high level of customer service and be able to effectively tailor financial information when communicating with non-financial stakeholders
- Salary Benefits - In addition to your salary you can package up to $15,900 pa pre tax and benefit from a $2,650 meals and entertainment card + discount program and package vehicles!
- Work/Life Balance - Flexible work arrangements + laptop & phone provided to work remotely + 1 accrued day off a month for full time employees
- Recognition and Reward - Length of Service rewards + long service leave after 5 years
- Wellness - Fitness passport + Employee Assistance Program + opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development - Ongoing learning, training and career progression opportunities
Skills and Experience
You will have an Australian tertiary qualification or be studying towards CPA/CA with:
- 2+ years experience in Accounting ideally in Not for Profit or a similar industry
- A strong understanding of Australian Accounting Standards
- Excellent communication skills to effectively rely financial information to non-financial stakeholders
- Outstanding attention to detail with the ability to question the pieces that are missing or don’t make sense
- The ability to balance multiple tasks, manage interruptions and competing priorities effectively
- Can do, outcomes focused attitude with the ability to work autonomously and contribute to team outcomes
If you have any questions, please reach out to Evelyn on 0408 303 643 for a friendly discussion.
TBS is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects the communities and people we support and advocate for. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people of all ages, identity and abilities. We pride ourselves on being a client and child safe organisation and as such all our staff and volunteers go through security screening relevant to the role. The Benevolent Society supports vaccination as the best way to keep our clients, communities, volunteers and employees safe from COVID-19. Vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment and volunteering.