At The Benevolent Society, we believe in a society where everyone can live their best life. We provide a range of community based support services for children, families, people with a disability and older Australians. We are a non-religious, not for profit organisation at the forefront of societal change for over 200 years.
About the role:
In this position, you will support the processing of a high volume of invoices, and claims for payments received by The Benevolent Society in an accurate and timely manner. You will:
- Assist with the maintenance of supplier prices/rates within systems.
- Track and work in line with relevant procedures for invoice documentation, financial approval and payment terms.
- Ensuring system jobs are scheduled in accordance with set timeframes (e.g. T&C of invoice) and required checks (Financial Delegation) have been completed, scheduling accounts payable batch processing and scheduling accounts payable EFT processing and coordinating payments.
- Have the opportunity to work on other financial projects in the broader team.
- Build effective relationships, engaging with a range of clients and stakeholders on financial and accounts matters.
Terms: Full time position based in Glebe.
Why this opportunity?
- Make your mark in this position with a dynamic accounts team.
- Work in a fast paced, energetic environment with plenty of on the job learning opportunities.
- Enjoy salary packaging, discounts on everyday purchases, ability to purchase additional leave and more!
What you need to succeed?
- 2-4 years’ experience in an accounts payable environment.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills; competent at juggling workload.
- Ambitious yet down to earth, agile nature to adapt to a constantly changing environment while delivering outcomes.
- Client centric focus to ensure that the people and companies that support our organisation get the best experience by paying supplier invoices on time.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to deal with client queries in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently with a high volume of work.
- Ageing and Disability Sector or community services experience and proficiency with Excel is highly desirable.
Interested? Apply online today!
Email Paul on email@example.com for more information about the role.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).