headspace is committed to improving the lives of young Australians. We provide a range of mental health interventions and other support services for young people aged 12-25.
Your new role
As a Youth Access Practitioner you’ll create a safe and welcoming environment for young people. You will provide assessment, counselling, therapeutic group work and referral services within the headspace centre or schools.
As part of our multidisciplinary team, you will work collaboratively to ensure client treatment and care plans are effective and appropriate. You will engage a number of different clients and support young people and their families to achieve positive health outcomes.
This role will involve working in schools.
Terms: Part time (3 days per week), contract (11 months) position available in Liverpool.
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools
- Our team is passionate, committed to high quality work & very welcoming
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card, discount program and discounted gym memberships available
You will have a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Mental Health, Youth Work, Psychology or related discipline and:
- Solid understanding of Youth Mental Health issues such as Anxiety and Depression, Substance Abuse, Early Psychosis, Self harm and Family Based Interventions
- Experience conducting assessments and providing psychological interventions, counselling or group work
- Great people skills and the ability to create strong working relationships with people from all walks of life
- A natural team player with the ability to balance competing priorities and work independently
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Claire Affleck-Warn on 0418 581 577 to discuss the role in more detail.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).