The Benevolent Society provide critical services to the most vulnerable members of our society. Your role is to ensure they can work safely meaning we can achieve our vision, a society where everyone can live their best life.
About this role
As part of our small WHS, you will lead safety for our teams in QLD and Northern NSW. Working collaboratively with our Managers, you will implement, monitor and adjust our Work Health and Safety Management system. You will get to know their risks to develop meaningful and practical solutions, while ensuring compliance with our external regulatory and funding bodies.
Terms: Permanent full-time position based in QLD.
What you need to succeed?
You will have a experience in a similar Work, Health & Safety role ideally within the community care sector and:
- Curiousity when building relationship with stakeholders to understand their needs
- Practical implementation of a WHSIM Management Systems and associated tools
- Excellent written skills with the ability to create understandable, accessible documentation
- A proactive, can-do approach to efficiently drive initiatives through to completion, while being mindful of business needs
- Experience with managing the wellbeing of a diverse workforce
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS and Cert IV in Training and Assessment
3 things about us (that might pleasantly surprise you)
- The Benevolent Society is not-for-profit and non-religious organisation
- We’ve supporting children, families, older Australians and people with a disability for over 200 years
- Our teams work across QLD, NSW, ACT and SA
Be the change. Together we can create a just society for all Australians. Will you help us to shape the next chapter?
Apply online today. Call Neil Logan on 0411 545 967 for a confidential discussion.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).