Our Centre for Women’s, Children’s and Family Health in Campbelltown empowers women, particularly those affected by domestic and family violence, to make positive, safe and informed choices.
Due to internal promotion we are seeking a new Team Leader for a full time position.
Your new role
Your aim is to ensure your team are positioned to provide exceptional services to women and children so they can heal from a range of women’s health issues, including domestic and family violence. This includes women health counselling team, psycho-education, case work (including information, advocacy and referral) and groups (therapeutic and physical movement).
You will provide clear focused leadership, professional supervision and being available to your team. You will partner with Health, community organisations and partners to facilitate referrals and improve outcomes for women and children.
As part of our Area Management Team, you will have the full support of our Program Manager and a buddy from our peer network of Team Leaders
The Benevolent Society considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s. 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
Why this opportunity is right for you?
- You’re passionate about supporting women and children to overcome Domestic Violence
- Packaged vehicle
- Salary packaging and discount program
- Monthly accrued day off & the chance to purchase additional leave
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Team Leader or Manager you will have
- Track record leading Health, Domestic or Family Violence or Community Services to improve client outcomes
- People leadership experience with the ability to build and develop an engaged, high performing team
- Good management skills including troubleshooting, managing multiple deadlines and conflict resolution
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, decision making and manage balancing priorities
- Working in a collaborative, cross functional way with teams, peers and stakeholders to achieve outcomes
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Roweena Moffatt on 0406 382 511 to discuss the role in more detail.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).