Our Child, Youth & Family Services strengthen families so children can live at home safely, free from abuse and neglect, and enjoy the best possible start to life. We deliver voluntary services to families at high risk of entering or escalating within the statutory child protection system.
Your new role
This leadership role sits across the Child Protection space. Your aim is to ensure your team are positioned to provide exceptional services to children and families so they can feel safe and secure.
You will provide clear focused leadership, professional supervision, coaching and being available to your team. You will be using the evidence based practice framework of The Benevolent Society to guide your leadership and case direction to effectively support families. You will partner with DCJ and community organisations to facilitate referrals and improve outcomes for each family.
As part of our Area Management Team, you will have the full support of our Program Manager and a buddy from our peer network of Team Leaders.
Why this opportunity is right for you?
- You’re passionate about working with high risk families, developing services, and the people in them, to optimise outcomes for clients
- Salary packaging and discount program
- Fully mobile workforce; tools & support to work remotely or from our new hubs
- Monthly accrued day off & the chance to purchase additional leave
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Coordinator, Team Leader or Manager you will have
- Track record leading child protection and/or out of home care services to improve client services and outcomes
- Demonstrated competence and understanding of working within a trauma-informed framework;
- People leadership experience with the ability to build and develop an engaged, high performing team
- Good management skills including troubleshooting, managing multiple deadlines and conflict resolution
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, decision making and manage balancing priorities
- Working in a collaborative, cross functional way with teams, peers and stakeholders to achieve outcomes
- Confidence (and competence) using technology (databases, Word, Excel, Outlook);
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Claudia Lennon on 0448973604 to discuss the role in more detail.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).