No day is the same in a role which provides the opportunity to work in partnership with the child's allocated case manager (internally child and family practitioner) to support children and young people in out of home care. The role will be based in the Hurstville team but may also see you support the other program teams such as Macquarie Park.
Some duties & responsibilities are:
- Contribute to the development of client plans and support interventions.
- Support Child & Family Practitioners and other senior staff to coordinate contact visits and contact schedules, conduct contact visits and complete contact visit reports, as required and applicable to the service.
- Coordinate and complete Home Safety Checks and other safety risk assessments, with the support of senior staff when required.
Terms: Full Time 12 month contract based in Hurstville NSW, 2220.
Why join The Benevolent Society?
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation & mobile tools.
- Monthly accrued day off.
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available.
- Novated leases & pool cars available.
What you need to succeed:
- At least 12 months experience in a similar role.
- An understanding of child protection issues, child development, and trauma
- Ability to build strong client relationships based on trust
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people of different ages and differing backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to use technology based documentation systems
- Current driver's licence.
Interested? Apply today!
Call Matt Hooey on 0401 674 218 for more details.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).