- Are you looking for a sea change?
- Are you passionate about effecting real change for people with a disability?
At The Benevolent Society, we support people of all ages with a disability to meet their goals, empowering them to live their best life.
Your new role
You will provide speech pathology services to children and adults with communication and/or eating and drinking difficulties. Your services will be outcomes-driven based on your client’s individual goals, and may include Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC), speech, language, literacy, social communication, and dysphagia.
We provide services in line with NDIS funding and your role is responsible for assessment, planning, monitoring and review of client outcomes.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team based in Coffs Harbour. We deliver services across the Northern region and use technology to connect our Speech Pathology team across NSW.
This opportunity could suit an experienced Speech Pathologist or a recent graduate; we will provide you with practice support and supervision suitable to your experience and skills.
Terms: Permanent full-time role available based in Coffs Harbour, servicing the Coffs Harbour/Grafton region.
You will be a Certified Practising member of Speech Pathology Australia and have:
- Experience providing communication and swallowing support to people with disability
- Ability to appropriately respond to the needs of people of all abilities and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work within a person-centred approach and within an NDIS billable environment
- Ability to work as part of a small team and connect to peers using technology
- Current driver's licence and ability to travel to clients
- We set you up for success with a buddy, structured orientation, mobile tools and clinical supervision
- We use technology to connect our Speech Pathology team across geographies
- We celebrate the best life moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Salary packaging, meals and entertainment card and discount program available
3 things about us (that might pleasantly surprise you)
- We’re a not-for-profit and non-religious organisation
- We’ve been helping Australians for over 200 years
- In 2018, 78 employees completed Team Leading Essentials, our future leaders training program
Be the change. Will you help us to shape the next chapter? Apply online now!!
Call Lisa Townes on 0417 679 597 for a confidential discussion. Close date 14 October.
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).