We enable children in Out Of Home Care (OOHC) to achieve their highest potential. We support their carers and their birth parents to create a safe and secure environment so these children have a safe place to land.
Your new role
Joining our Family Assessment Team, you will assess birth families for suitability to have their children restored to their care or for Kinship placements if this not safe for the child to return home.
Working with the family from assessment through to restoration, you will
- build their capacity for the safe return of their child/children
- identify their support needs
- provide strength based intervention where the care plan goal is restoration.
This newly created, highly rewarding role is full time supporting families across Sydney.
While your home hub is Hurstville, you can work across our Sydney based hubs and work from home 3 days a month (with approval).
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist or Case Worker, you will have
- Minimum 2 years' experience addressing child protection concerns or in OOHC using trauma informed practice
- Be comfortable having tough conversations in a sensitive and appropriate way if there is a risk to child welfare
- Competently work with families where there has been a known and identified risk to child welfare
- Capacity to engage with people from all walks of life and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to work flexible hours and participate on an on call / duty roster when required
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
These roles are paid at the Child & Family Practitioner Level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement (hourly rate $35 - 37.85 + super). Our benefits include:
- Salary packaging
- Flexible work arrangements
- Novated leases & pool cars available
- Accrued days off
- Long service leave after 5 years & more!
Interested? Apply online today!
Call Scarlett Keally on 0418 624 322 to discuss the role in more detail.
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner.