Childhood is precious. Growing up surrounded by risk of significant harm can seriously impact a child’s future.
Our Functional Family Therapy - Child Welfare, is a new, innovative & evidence informed model within the Child Protection system. Focused on family preservation, we use a therapeutic whole-family approach to strengthen families and decrease risks to children.
The program aims to create sustainable behavioural change, improve connections to social supports & reduce the number of children entering Out of Home Care. You will be provided with full training in the model with regular practice support.
Terms: Maternity Contract, Full Time role based in Hurstville.
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Family Therapist, Case Manager or Interventionist and have:
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with families & engaging multiple stakeholders in a child protection context
- Experience undertaking & reporting on comprehensive assessments
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s licence
- Ability to work autonomously with families with complex needs & where various psycho-social issues are present
- Capacity to engage with people from all backgrounds & walks of life
Some of the benefits we offer:
- You will receive full training in the framework and regular supervision
- Working flexibly is normal for us & we give you the mobile tools to make this possible
- We celebrate the best life moments; the small acts that make a difference within our teams and with our clients
- Monthly accrued day off & the option to purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging, novated leases, meals & entertainment card everyday purchases discount program and discounted gym memberships available
Apply online today!
Call Gemma Durham on 0403 099 418 to discuss this opportunity in more detail!
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people strongly encouraged.
Internally this role is called a Child & Family Practitioner
We welcome diversity in all its forms; applications from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged. We value relationships with our local Aboriginal community and welcome applications from its members.
We see ability not disability, if you identify as a person with a different ability please get in contact.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).